Are you about starting a football viewing center? If YES, here is a complete sample football viewing center business plan template & feasibility report you can use for FREE. Okay, so we have considered all the requirements for starting a football viewing center.
We also took it further by analyzing and drafting a sample football viewing center marketing plan template backed up by actionable guerrilla marketing ideas for football viewing centers. So let’s proceed to the business planning section.
Why Start a Football Viewing Center?
Over the years, football has become one of the most loved sports in the world and people will go to all lengths to watch their national team play in international competitions or watch their favorite team play in football leagues especially popular leagues.
Although football is loved all across the world, but the football viewing center business might not thrive in some climes. As a matter of fact, football viewing center business will thrive in countries where the average football lover cannot afford a satellite TV that can show live matches. In essence, the football viewing center business will do well in developing and underdeveloped countries.
You can be rest assured that if you launch your own football viewing center in the right location, you will definitely attract football lovers who would want to handout and watch their favorite football team play matches. Just like most businesses, football viewing center business is open to as many people that are interested in the industry as long as they have what it takes to run the business.
If you have decided to start a football viewing center business, then you must make sure that you carry out thorough feasibility studies and market survey. This will enable you properly locate the business in a community or city with the right demography; a location that can readily accept your services. You should equally develop a viable business plan to run your business with.
Below is a sample football viewing center business plan template that will help you successfully launch your own business.
A Sample Football Viewing Center Business Plan Template
1. Industry Overview
Football viewing center can be classified under the sports and entertainment industry. Football viewing center is a place, usually an indoor facility where football lovers pay a certain fee to watch live football matches. Bars and cafes that also show live matches and make people who patronize at least a bottle of drink from their bar are also considered as football viewing centers.
The Sports and Entertainment industry is indeed an active industry and the industry is driven by increased consumer spending.
The industry has experienced steady growth in the last five years due to steadily rising consumer expenditure on recreation and culture, and growing spectator sport participation. Despite the fact that overall sport participation is currently at same level as it was in the last five years, participation in amateur sports peaked in 2012 and 2013 which boosted revenue for operators of local, community and grassroots facilities.
The Sports and Entertainments industry that football viewing center is a part of is indeed a very large industry and pretty much thriving in all parts of the world. Statistics has it that in the united states of America alone, there are about 1,579 licensed and registered sports and recreation facilities including those who are into franchising responsible for employing about 14,644 employees and the industry rakes in a whooping sum of $1bn annually with an annual growth rate projected at 1.2 percent.
Lastly, if you have plans to start a football viewing center in your country, then you must employ strategies that will help you attract football lovers to your viewing center whenever there are live matches. That is perhaps one of the major ways you can maximize profits in the industry.
2. Executive Summary
Team Green Lounge® Football Viewing Center is a standard and well equipped indoor football viewing center facility that will be located in a growing community in Ikorodu – Lagos State, Nigeria. Our basic aim of setting up the business is to contribute our quota in ensuring that football lovers and would – be football lovers have a place to watch live football matches and to catch fun to the maximum; and also open a facility highly suitable for community recreation and bonding. We are committed to nurturing the love for football while providing a clean and safe environment for people to relax and have fun to the maximum.
We have been able to secure a standard indoor facility in a central and easy to locate area in Ikorodu – Lagos State. Aside from the fact that our aim of starting the business is to air live football matches, we will still go ahead to make available a video game house, football video rentals, betting center, BBQ joint, food and drinks court, ice cream shop and enough parking space so as to attract loads of people to our facility. We are well equipped to service the whole family cum community as well as visitors.
Team Green Lounge® Football Viewing Center is going to become the number one football viewing center facility in the whole of Ikorodu – Lagos State and we will work hard to build our football viewing center facility to match the needs of the average football lover in the community.
Before launching the business, we conducted a thorough market research and feasibility studies and we were able to come to the conclusion that Ikorodu community is the right place to open our football viewing center. As a matter of fact, our major aim of starting Team Green Lounge® Football Viewing Center is to encourage football lovers in Ikorodu – Lagos State not just to follow English Premier League and other European Leagues, but also to watch and follow our local league (Nigeria Premier League).
As a business, Team Green Lounge® Football Viewing Center will at all times demonstrate her commitment to sustainability, both individually and as a business, by actively participating in our communities and integrating sustainable business practices wherever possible. We will ensure that we hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards by meeting our client’s needs precisely and completely.
Team Green Lounge® Football Viewing Center is a business that is owned and managed by Ade Thomas and his immediate family members. Mr. Ade Thomas has robust experienced in the sports and entertainment industry.
3. Our Products and Services
Team Green Lounge® Football Viewing Center is in the football viewing center line of business to make profits and we are going to do all that is permitted by the law in Nigeria to achieve our business goal. We are optimistic that everyone who pays to watch live matches in our football viewing center or patronize any of our services within the facility will definitely derive maximum fun and of course get good value for their money and time.
These are the services and amenities that will be made available to our clients in our football viewing center facility;
- Air live football matches in a safe and conducive atmosphere
- Run a video game house
- Run betting center
- BBQ joint
- Food and drinks court
- Ice cream shop
- Football video rental
4. Our Mission and Vision Statement
- Our vision is to build a world-class football viewing center and entertainment facility for football lovers in an around Ikorodu – Lagos State.
- Our mission for establishing Team Green Lounge® Football Viewing Center is to create a movement in the community that encourages football lovers in Ikorodu and environs to be actively involved in following and supporting Nigeria Football League at all levels.
Our Business Structure
Team Green Lounge® Football Viewing Center is in business to become the leading football viewing and sports entertainment center in the whole of Ikorodu – Lagos State and we are fully aware that it will take the right facility, management and organizational structure to achieve our goal. We will ensure that we recruit only the best hands that can help us achieve all that we are set to accomplish.
Our business will not be built only for the purpose of giving our customers value for their money and time, but also, we will ensure that we make our work environment highly conducive for all our employees. We will provide them with employee packages that will help them stay motivated and deliver on their various tasks and goals.
In view of that, we have made provisions for the following positions to be occupied by highly qualified and experienced staff;
- Chief Executive Office – CEO
- Facility Manager
- Food and Drinks Sales Person
5. Job Roles and Responsibilities
Chief Executive Officer – CEO:
- Increases management’s effectiveness by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, coaching, counseling, and disciplining managers; communicating values, strategies, and objectives; assigning accountabilities; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; developing incentives; developing a climate for offering information and opinions; providing educational opportunities.
- Creates and compliments the organization’s vision, mission, and overall direction – i.e. leading the development and implementation of the overall organization’s strategy.
- Responsible for fixing prices and signing business deals
- Responsible for providing direction for the business
- Responsible for signing checks and documents on behalf of the company
- Evaluates the success of the organization
- Carrying out staff induction for new team members
- Responsible for operating and managing the football viewing center facility
- Ensures that the facility is in tip top position at all times
- Responsible for managing food and beverage services
- Manages membership and registration services
- Handles equipment rental and sales services
- Negotiates with satellite TV operators and make payments as at when due
- Responsible for preparing financial reports, budgets, and financial statements for the organization
- Provides managements with financial analyses, development budgets, and accounting reports; analyzes financial feasibility for the most complex proposed projects; conducts market research to forecast trends and business conditions.
- Responsible for financial forecasting and risks analysis.
- Performs cash management, general ledger accounting, and financial reporting for the organization
- Responsible for developing and managing financial systems and policies
- Responsible for administering payrolls
- Ensures compliance with taxation legislation
- Handles all financial transactions for the organization
- Serves as internal auditor for the organization
Food and Drink Sales Person
- Responsible for manning the food and drink court
- Recommend drinks and foods that customers are demanding for
- Responsible for handling business research, market surveys and feasibility studies for clients
- Responsible for supervising implementation, advocate for the customer’s needs, and communicate with clients
- Develops, executes and evaluates new plans for expanding increase sales
- Documents all customer contact and information
- Represents the organization in strategic meetings
- Helps increase sales and growth for the organization
- Handles any other duty as assigned by the facility manager or CEO
- Responsible for cleaning in and around the football viewing center facility
- Cleans up after customers
- Washes glassware and utensils after each use
- Maintains a clean working area by sweeping, vacuuming, dusting, cleaning of glass doors and windows, etc. when required
- Ensures that toiletries and supplies don’t run out of stock
- Handles any other duty as assigned by the facility manager
6. SWOT Analysis
We are aware that there are competitions in the football viewing center line of business which is why we took out time to conduct an effective SWOT Analysis before investing our hard-earned money into the business.
We know that if we get things right before starting our football viewing center business, we will not have to struggle before attract loyal clients and building our membership base to a level where we can easily breakeven in record time.
We hired the services of Dr. Emmanuel Bright, a HR and Business consultant with bias in business structuring to help us conduct SWOT analysis for our company and he did a pretty good job for us. Here is a of the result we got from the SWOT analysis that was conducted on behalf of Team Green Lounge® Football Viewing Center.
One of the apparent strengths that will definitely stand as a plus for Team Green Lounge® Football Viewing Center is the fact that our football viewing center facility is centrally located in a densely populated residential area in Ikorodu – Lagos State; our location is in fact one of our major strength.
We equally have other business activities that will get our clients coming back to patronize us and lastly our membership package is going to be one of the best that anybody living in Ikorodu – Lagos State can get; it is cheap and affordable.
Before setting up this business, we critically looked into our Business model and we were able to identify two major weakness. One is the fact that we are a new business and the second is the fact that we may not have the financial resources required to match up with existing football viewing centers in and around Ikorodu when it comes to generating the needed hype that can drive traffic towards our football viewing center facility.
Part of the advantages we have is that we are centrally located in one of the busiest and densely populated areas with the right demographic composition in Ikorodu – Lagos State and we are open to all the available opportunities that the city has to offer.
Just like any other business operating in the sports and entertainments industry, some of the threats that are likely going to confront Team Green Lounge® Football Viewing Center are unfavorable government policies, demographic/social factors, downturn in the economy which is likely going to affect consumers spending and lastly, the emergence of new competitors within the same location where our football viewing center facility is located.
7. MARKET ANALYSIS
- Market Trends
The trend in the sports and entertainment industry of which football viewing center facility line of business is a subset of is such that if a facility is highly secured, well – equipped and positioned in a residential area with the right demographic composition or a place where people can easily access without much stress, there is the likelihood that the football viewing center facility will enjoy high patronage.
Just like in other business ventures, the owners of football viewing centers are always looking for ways to increase their market share; they go as far as signing deals with sports betting companies and also food kiosks et al to make use of their facility.
So also, it is a common trend that as a football viewing center facility grows, it becomes necessary for them to develop new service offerings or install new facilities that will help them attract more people. Little wonder some football viewing centers now have other facilities targeted towards attracting customers. In order words, it is very important for football viewing centers to continue to improvise if they want to grow their business and generate their target revenue.
8. Our Target Market
The target market for football viewing center facilities cuts across people from different backgrounds. The fact that people visit or register in football viewing centers for various reasons make marketing the business interesting. Team Green Lounge® Football Viewing Center will work towards providing services that will help us reach out to our target market.
These are the category of people that we intend marketing our football viewing center to;
- Every adult above 18 in an around Ikorodu – Lagos State
- People who want to engage in sports/football betting
Our Competitive Advantage
The Sports and Entertainment industry is indeed a prolific and highly competitive industry. Clients will only make visit your football viewing center facility if they know that they can get good value for their money.
Team Green Lounge® Football Viewing Center is centrally located in a densely populated residential area with the right demographic composition of football fans and lovers, this is obviously going to give us an edge amongst our competitors.
Aside from airing live football matches from big and crispy clear flat screen televisions, we also run other complimentary services such as sports betting, and football video rental services et al and lastly our gate fee cum membership package is going to be one of the best that anybody living in and around Ikorodu – Lagos State can get.
Lastly, our employees will be well taken care of, and their welfare package will be among the best within our category in the industry. It will enable them to be more than willing to build the business with us and help deliver our set goals and achieve all our business aims and objectives.
9. SALES AND MARKETING STRATEGY
- Sources of Income
Team Green Lounge® Football Viewing Center is established with the aim of maximizing profits in the football viewing center line of business and we are going to go all the way to ensure that we do all it takes to attract football lovers on a regular basis.
Team Green Lounge® Football Viewing Center will generate income by offering the following services;
- Air live football matches in a safe and conducive atmosphere
- Run a video game house
- Run betting center
- BBQ joint
- Food and drinks court
- Ice cream shop
- Football video rental
10. Sales Forecast
It is important to state that our sales forecast is based on the data gathered during our feasibility studies and also some of the assumptions readily available on the field.
It would be hard to create a sales forecast with a newly opened football viewing center facility. This is because the statistics that will be provided will be on a short term basis. Experts say that usually a business should be in operation for at least one year before they can generate the statistics that will be needed for accurate forecasting.
We expect to welcome a minimum of 12,000 football fans i.e. 1000 customers per month within our first year of operation and then in subsequent year we will grow by 25 percent on more.
Below are the sales projection for Team Green Lounge® Football Viewing Center, it is based on the location of our football viewing center facility and the services and products that we will be offering to our clients.
- First Fiscal Year: N1.2 Million
- Second Fiscal Year: N2 Million
- Third Fiscal Year: $3.5 Million
N.B: This projection is done based on what is obtainable in the industry and with the assumption that there won’t be any major competitor offering same services as we do within 4.5 miles radius from our football viewing center facility.
- Marketing Strategy and Sales Strategy
Our marketing strategies will be directed towards achieving specific objectives that support the strategic goals of the organization. The truth is that all that we do will be geared towards creating new market channels, increasing sales and our market share. We will leverage on improving on our services and facility to ensure that we win new clients and retain old members.
At Team Green Lounge® Football Viewing Center, our marketing strategies will be consistent throughout the marketing mix and we will take into consideration service improvement, promotion, and price. As part of our sales and marketing strategies, we will pay attention to the promotion of our football viewing center facility so as to attract people from different financial status.
Our unique selling proposition is that we are well positioned and people can easily access our facility, our prices are affordable and we have a complete package for sport lovers. Parts of the marketing and sales strategies that we will adopt include;
- Open our football viewing center facility with a big party for people that reside in and around Ikorodu – Lagos State
- Promote our football viewing center facility online via all available social media platforms
- Print out fliers and business cards and strategically drop them in offices, libraries, public facilities and bus stations all around Ikorodu and environs
- Delivering consistent customer experiences to all our members; making our first impression count positively to those patronize our football viewing center facility for the first time
- Make use of attractive hand bills to create awareness and also to give direction to our football viewing center facility
- Adopt direct mailing coupon marketing approach
- Position our signage/flexi banners at strategic places in and around Ikorodu
- Create a loyalty plan that will enable us reward our consistent members especially those that are our regular customer
- Engage in roadshows within our neighborhood to create awareness for our football viewing center facility.
11. Publicity and Advertising Strategy
We have been able to work with our branding and publicity consultants to help us map out publicity and advertising strategies that will help us work our way into the heart of our target market. We are set to become the number one choice for football lovers within Ikorodu and environs which is why we have made provisions for effective publicity and advertisement of our football viewing center facility.
Below are the platforms we intend to leverage on to promote and advertise Team Green Lounge® Football Viewing Center;
- Place adverts on both print and electronic media platforms
- Sponsor relevant community based sport events and competitions
- Leverage on the internet and social media platforms like Instagram, Facebook, twitter, YouTube, Google + et al to promote our brand
- Engage in roadshows from time to time in targeted neighborhoods
- Distribute our fliers and handbills in target areas
- Contact households and schools by calling them up and informing them of Team Green Lounge® Football Viewing Center and the services we offer
- Ensure that all our staff members wear our branded shirts and our facility is well branded with our corporate logo et al.
12. Our Pricing Strategy
Our pricing system is going to be based on what is obtainable in the industry, we don’t intend to charge more (except for premium and customized services) and we don’t intend to charge less than what our competitors are charging as membership fee.
Be that as it may, we have put plans in place to offer discount services once in a while and also to reward our loyal customers especially when they refer clients to us or when they register as a family or group. The prices of our services will be same as what is obtainable in the Nigerian open market.
- Payment Options
The payment policy adopted by Team Green Lounge® Football Viewing Center is all inclusive because we are quite aware that different customers prefer different payment options. We will ensure that we abide by the financial rules and regulation in Nigeria.
Here are the payment options that Team Green Lounge® Football Viewing Center will make available to her clients;
- Payment with cash
- Payment via online bank transfer
- Payment via mobile money
In view of the above, we have chosen banking platforms that will enable our clients pay us without any difficulty. Our bank account numbers will be made available on our website and promotional materials.
13. Startup Expenditure (Budget)
When it comes to setting up any business, the amount or cost will depend on the approach and scale you want to undertake. If you intend to go big by renting a place, then you would need a good amount of capital as you would need to ensure that your employees are well taken care of, and that your facility is conducive enough for high profile customers to patronize your services.
This means that the startup can either be low or high depending on your goals, vision and aspirations for your business.
The tools and equipment that will be used are nearly the same cost everywhere, and any difference in prices would be minimal and can be overlooked. As for the detailed cost analysis for starting a football viewing center facility; it might differ in other countries due to the value of their money.
However, this is what it would cost us to set up Team Green Lounge® Football Viewing Center in Nigeria;
- The Fee for registering the business in Nigeria – N15,000
- Legal expenses for obtaining licenses and permits as well as the accounting services (software, P.O.S machines and other software) – N30,000
- Marketing promotion expenses for the grand opening of Team Green Lounge® Football Viewing Center – N15,000
- Cost for hiring Business Consultant – N20,000
- Insurance (general liability, workers’ compensation and property casualty) coverage at a total premium – N20,000
- Cost for payment of rent for 12 months and renovation inclusive – N250,000
- Operational cost for the first 3 months (salaries of employees, payments of bills et al) – N150,000
- The cost for start-up inventory (flat screen televisions, speakers, chairs, DSTV decoders, chairs, boards, banners, foods and drinks et al) – N320,000
- Cost for store equipment (cash register, security, ventilation, signage) – N10,000
- The cost of launching a website – N25,000
- The cost for our opening party – N70,000
- Miscellaneous – N50,000
We would need an estimate of N500,000 to successfully set up a small scale but standard football viewing center business in Ikorodu – Lagos, Nigeria.
Generating Funding/Startup Capital for Team Green Lounge® Football Viewing Center
No matter how fantastic your business idea might be, if you don’t have the required money to finance the business, the business might not become a reality. Finance is a very important factor when it comes to starting a standard football viewing center business. Raising startup capital for a business might not be easy, but it is a task that an entrepreneur must go through.
Team Green Lounge® Football Viewing Center is a family business that is owned and financed by Mr. Ade Thomas and his immediate family members. They do not intend to welcome any external business partners which is why he has decided to restrict the sourcing of the startup capital to 3 major sources.
- Generate part of the startup capital from personal savings
- Source for soft loans from family members and friends
- Apply for loan from my Bank
N.B: We have been able to generate about N150, 000 (Personal savings N100,000 and soft loan from family members N50,000) and we are at the final stages of obtaining a loan facility of N350,000 from our bank (micro – finance bank). All the papers and documents have been signed and submitted, the loan has been approved and any moment from now our account will be credited with the amount.
14. Sustainability and Expansion Strategy
The future of a business lies in the number of loyal customers that they have the capacity and competence of the employees, their investment strategy and the business structure. If all of these factors are missing from a business, then it won’t be too long before the business close shop.
One of our major goals of starting Team Green Lounge® Football Viewing Center is to build a business that will survive off its own cash flow without the need for injecting finance from external sources once the business is officially running.
We know that one of the ways of gaining approval and winning customers over is to equip our facility with large and crispy clear flat screen televisions, make available reliable betting platforms, and also make our services affordable and our facility secured.
Team Green Lounge® Football Viewing Center will make sure that the right foundation, structures and processes are put in place to ensure that our staff welfare are well taken of. Our company’s corporate culture is designed to drive our business to greater heights and training and retraining of our workforce is at the top burner.
We know that if that is put in place, we will be able to successfully hire and retain the best hands we can get in the industry.
- Business Name Availability Check: Completed
- Business Registration: Completed
- Opening of Corporate Bank Accounts: Completed
- Opening Mobile Money Accounts: Completed
- Application for business license and permit: Completed
- Purchase of Insurance for the Business: Completed
- Acquiring indoor facility and remodeling the facility: In Progress
- Conducting Feasibility Studies: Completed
- Generating capital from family members: Completed
- Applications for Loan from the bank: In Progress
- Writing of Business Plan: Completed
- Drafting of Contract Documents and other relevant Legal Documents: In Progress
- Design of The Company’s Logo: Completed
- Graphic Designs and Printing of Promotional Materials: In Progress
- Recruitment of employees: In Progress
- Purchase of the needed flat screen televisions, chairs, boards, speakers, and other furniture: In Progress
- Creating Awareness for the business both online and in the neighborhood: In Progress
- Health and Safety and Fire Safety Arrangement (License): Secured
- Opening party/launching party planning: In Progress